|Vehicles: BMW 1.5/1.6/2.0 l diesel||Product: Electromotive EGR valve|
|Model series||Pierburg no.||Replacement for||Ref. no.*|
|F10, F11, F20, F21, F22, F23, F25, F26, F30, F31, F32, F36, F45, F46,|
The electromotive EGR valve 7.04493.17.0 may only be installed in an energised state otherwise it may become damaged during installation.
- Before mounting, connect the plug-in connection of the electrical connection to the housing plug (1) on the EGR valve.
- Connect a suitable engine tester to the vehicle.
- Choose the "Replace EGR valve" service function. The EGR valve is then supplied with power. This will be apparent from the fact that the valve head (3) is drawn into the valve chamber (2) slightly.
- Only now may the EGR valve be installed into the EGR cooler module.
When de-energised, the transmission gearing in the EGR valve is in its end position. If a force is applied across the valve head (3), as happens during installation, the transmission gearing could be damaged.
* The reference numbers given are for comparison purposes only and must not be used on invoices to the consumer.