|various VW, Seat, Škoda, Audi||Electric EGR valve|
After the installation of a new electric EGR valve, the following complaints may be received:
- New part without function
- New part is not detected by the engine controller
In connection with this, the following EOBD error codes can occur (manufacturer specific error codes in brackets):
- P0400 (16784) Exhaust Gas Recirculation – Flow Malfunction
- P0401 (16785) Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) – Flow Insufficient
- P0402 (16786) Exhaust Gas Recirculation – Flow Excessive Detected
- P0404 (16787) Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) – Open Position Performance
Generally, the EGR valve will not have developed a fault!
Modern engine controllers are equipped with “adaptive memory modules”, i.e. the mapping data necessary for operation must first be “learned”. The electric EGR valve must be adapted to the engine controller! This is done by selecting a special programme of the engine tester (“default setting”, for example). More information on this is provided in the manual for your engine tester.